Etude House Pink Bird Box: Big Cover Concealer BB, Concealer Cushion and Monkey Wish Eyes

12:30 AM

Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer BB Concealer Cushion and Monkey Wish Eyes Review and Swatches
I'm back with yet another Pink Box review. Late, I know. The past few weeks was really hectic for me hence the lack of updates on this blog. To add to that, I wasn't able to take photos properly because it's been really dark in here for about 875467 days. loljk It wasn't that long, probably 3 weeks at most which is weird because it barely even rained during that time. It's the perfect weather for me tbh. Not too hot or cold, it's just.. dark. I wouldn't wish for it to change if only I don't have product photos to take. Haha Now the sun has showed up and it's been really really hot since then but hey, at least I can take photos now. Yes, I'm trying to brainwash myself and look at the positive side. lol Another good news is I just need to survive this week and I will finally be free!

Today's review will be short because I still have a few pages left to study and I will also be making 2 haul posts after this. I'll put the haul posts in queue and have it published this week as well along with another Pink Box review. *cough*BerryDelicious*cough*

Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer BB Concealer Cushion and Monkey Wish Eyes Review and Swatches

Last month's Pink box contains 5 products, 2 from the Big Cover Line and 3 single eyeshadows from their Look at my eyes line.
To achieve perfect and flawless skin, Etude House came up with their Big Cover collection. Expectations on the coverage department are high in this line because of the product name itself. The items I received are Concealer Bb and Concealer Cushion. There are also 3 additional products in this line Concealer Kit, Stick Concealer and lastly, Tip Concealer. Products from the Big Cover line ranges from $8 to $18.
Aside from the base make up, I was also sent some eyeshadows. Etude House sent me three shades from their Monkey Wish Eyes collection. Why monkey? Because 2016 is year of the monkey! Unfortunately, this is limited edition and has 10 shades. The ones I got were GR707 Exam Passed, BE109 Pay Day, and PK013 Cheer up!

Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer BB 01 Vanilla Review and Swatches

Big Cover Concealer BB SPF 50+ PA +++ 30g
01 Vanilla
$18

Concealer BB Cream covers flaws with its excellent coverage power and easy absorption; just a small amount delivers full coverage skin.
Ingredients:
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide, Butylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Dipropylene Glycol, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Niacinamide, Sodium Chloride, Portulaca Oleracea Extract, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Aronia Arbutifolia Extract, Euterpe Oleracea Fruit Extract, Fragaria Chiloensis (Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Idaeus (Raspberry) Fruit Extract, Rubus Fruticosus (Blackberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Angustifolium (Blueberry) Fruit Extract, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry) Fruit Extract, Sambucus Nigra Fruit Extract, Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Beeswax, Sorbitan Isostearate, Sorbitan Olivate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Triethyl Citrate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Adenosine, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Fragrance
Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer BB 01 Vanilla Review and Swatches

This Big Cover Concealer BB has this humongous.. not really, just 3-4x bigger than usual applicator that you normally see. It's called Multi-Touch Tip and the slanted part of it picks up the most amount of the bb cream. Though I must admit that I wasn't really impressed that I need this to get the bb cream out of the bottle because it will most likely not reach the bottom of it. Another thing is it gets way too much product for my liking so what I like to do is to swipe it at the back of my hand and dab it on my face using fingers or brush.

Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer BB 01 Vanilla Review and Swatches
Only 3 shades are available for this, Vanilla, Beige and Sand. The one that I got is Vanilla which is the lightest shade among the three and it's also the perfect match for my skin tone. Applying and blending isn't such a difficult task with this one plus the faint powdery scent is something that I really like as well. Though I must warn people with extremely dry skin and larger pores to be careful with this because it has the tendency to cling on dry patches and sink in quite a bit on the pores.


Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer BB 01 Vanilla Review and Swatches

As for the coverage, I'd say it's buildable from medium to high. I only did one layer in the photo above and I think it's pretty good for a bb cream besides the tint and eyeliner are very pigmented. I wouldn't really recommend going for a second layer as it may appear too cakey. One layer is enough to get the no make up make up look.

Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer Cushion SPF 30 PA++ 01 Peach Pink Review and Swatches

Big Cover Concealer Cushion SPF 30 PA++ 5g
Peach Pink
$13.20

Cushion Concealer includes a finger cushion puff to cover flaws naturally anytime, anywhere with customized correcting color for complete, flawless skin..

Ingredients:
Water, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Phenyl Trimethicone, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Cetyl
Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Propanediol, Niacinamide, Zinc Oxide (Ci 77947), Polypropylsilsesquioxane, Disodium Edta, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitan Isostearate, Stearic Acid, Adenosine, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ozokerite, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77492), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Fragrance


Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer Cushion SPF 30 PA++ 01 Peach Pink Review and Swatches
This is the only box photo that I have for this review. lol Not really sure where I put the others.. but it's not really that important so nbd, I guess. XD


How to apply

1. Press the back part of the button 1-2 times, apply the side of a finger cushion puff onto the desired area, and rub it in lightly along skin texture to promote absorption.
2. Use the front side of the finger cushion and tap lightly to blend, avoiding the lines.
cr; Etude House
Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer Cushion SPF 30 PA++ 01 Peach Pink Review and Swatches
The cushion applicator.
Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer Cushion SPF 30 PA++ 01 Peach Pink Review and Swatches
This is the bottom part of the pen that you need to press in order to dispense the product.
Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer Cushion SPF 30 PA++ 01 Peach Pink Review and Swatches
After going halfway around the yard with my dog and clicking for approximately 45 times, the concealer has decided to make an appearance! lol Don't copy me. Doing it for 45 times was such a big mistake because there's way too much product on the cushion. I probably should've stopped at 44. loljk I think 20-25 would suffice. 
Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer Cushion SPF 30 PA++ 01 Peach Pink Review and Swatches
If I were to compare the shade to the first product, the bb cream was considerably lighter and a bit yellow toned while this one is just like how the name suggest, peach pink. Application and blending wise, I prefer this better than the bb cream because this is watery and blends right in after swiping. I use this mostly on my undereye area to brighten it.
Etude House Pink Bird Box Big Cover Concealer Cushion SPF 30 PA++ 01 Peach Pink Review and Swatches
The result after 2 layers.
This concealer cushion has 6 different colors and each color has their own purpose.  Peach Pink is especially made to cover dark circles. I have tried it a couple of times and I think it works well though my under eye area isn't really that dark to begin with. It's dry though so I have a fine line and yes, this sinks in to the line which is a shame because if it didn't I would probably call this HG worthy. The other shades are Illuminate (highlighter), Mint (for redness), Vanila, Beige and Sand.
Can I just say how unhygienic this is though? lol It's really messy as well, the cap is now full of concealer and it's quite annoying. OTL
Etude House Pink bird Box Look At my Eyes Monkey Wish Eyes Review and Swatches


Look At my Eyes
Monkey Wish Eyes
BE109 Pay Day,  PK013 Cheer Up and GR707 Exam Passed
 $5

Limited edition eyeshadow especially made for the year of the monkey. Each shade comes with a Korean New Year message; Pocket Money, Package Arrived, Let's Travel, You Lost Weight, Let's Work Out, Pay Day, You Look Great, Class Cancelled, Cheer Up and Exam Passed.
Etude House Pink bird Box Look At my Eyes Monkey Wish Eyes Review and Swatches
Front and Back.
L-R: BE109 Pay Day, GR707 Exam Passed and PK013 Cheer up.
Etude House Pink bird Box Look At my Eyes Monkey Wish Eyes Review and Swatches


Etude House Pink bird Box Look At my Eyes Monkey Wish Eyes Review and Swatches

Close up.
L-R: BE109 Pay Day, GR707 Exam Passed and PK013 Cheer up.

Etude House Pink bird Box Look At my Eyes Monkey Wish Eyes Review and Swatches
This shade deserves a better close up shot because of how pretty it is. lol
GR707 Exam Passed
Etude House Pink bird Box Look At my Eyes Monkey Wish Eyes Review and Swatches

BE101 Payday is a beautiful champagne color. It applies on quite sheer on the eyelid and has silver or gold shimmers to it. it's really hard to tell
PK013 Cheer up looks pink on the pan but the base color looks white when swiped and if you look at it closely you will notice that it has pink, lavender and gold shimmers.
GR707 Exam Passed is a gorgeous and unique duo chrome shade. The base is dark brown and it has green micro glitters.
I didn't really experience any fall outs while testing these out and these three were very easy to apply. It glides on smoothly on the lids. I initially thought I'd have a problem applying PK013 because it looks very glittery and chunky in the pan but fortunately all these 3 shades apply nicely with zero to minimal fall out. Others may have an issue on how sheer it is when applied on the lids though but it's not a problem for me because I like my make up natural looking. I just wish Etude House will use a better glue on their Look At My Eyes eyeshadow next time because PK013 kept popping out of its case while I was taking photos and it's not like this is the first time I experienced this. I tried a few from their Look At My Eyes range before and the same problem occurred. lol
Overall, these are decent and affordable eye shadows.

That's it for this box!
Sorry if it's short. I really need to study and prepare well this week. Will try to make it up on my upcoming reviews!
I will be posting a haul soon. I have finally found something worth calling HG so look out for it! It's something that I would 1000% recommend. lol I think it will be on the second haul post though which I will put up on Friday.


Have you tried any of the products above? Do you have any recommendation for duo chrome eye shadows?
Let me know in the comments!
Oh, is anyone here watching Descendants of The Sun? Please reveal yourself, let's fangirl together. Hahaha
Thanks for reading! :)

The products mentioned were sent by Etude House for review purposes.  Opinions expressed are based on my own experience and 100% honest.

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Hi! I didn't tried anything yet, but soon the cushion concealer should arrive. I'm curious about how could that work in my dark circles.

    And I'm anxious about the new DOTS chapter, Onew scene made me cry T_T

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been interested in the concealer since I've seen pictures of it online. Those eye shadows look gorgeous! I really love the pink shade. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Finally a new blog post from you! I've been waiting. The concealer cushion is not for me. I have fine line under my eyes and since you said it sinks in to the line I guess it's not worth purchasing for me. lol. Tbvh, Etude House's Big Cover line doesn't appeal to me much and the Monkey Wish Eyes doesn't look cute to me too LOL. Etude House's products don't catch my attention much lately. I'm wondering what is the HG product that you 1000% recommend lol. Now I'm really curious. *raises hand* I watch DOTS because of you keep fangirling over Song JoongKi and Song HyeGyo. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow the concealer looks extremely amazing! the coverage is much better than some other i've had an opportunity to try. i also love those monkey eyeshadows, they are soo cute hah x

    darcia.pl

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe