Etude House Pink Bird Box: Snowy Dessert Collection

11:24 PM


Hello everyone! 
I know it's been a really long time since I last posted on this blog but I'm back and  I'm here to stay. Oh, this time it's for real. lol 2015 was such a busy year for me, it was quite stressful that I didn't really have that much time to spare for blogging. Chatting with my friends online has been difficult as well, I hope they didn't think that I'm neglecting them or something. Anyway, I'm just glad to be back. I missed blogging so much. 
Moving on..
The second announcement is pretty obvious already because the title gave it away. lol
Yes, I am now a pink bird. Not blue, not green but pink. *I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky* lol Just kidding. Don't get mad, please. Haha!
Etude House contacted me last November and they told me that I have been chosen to be a part of their Pink Bird Program. If you've read my blog before I'm sure you already know that Etude House is one of my favorite Korean Beauty brands even if their products are always either a hit or a miss for me. Their products are just so cute.  Love it. *85 thumbs up* 
For those who aren't familiar with Etude House's Pink Bird Program, they select bloggers and youtubers that will receive a box monthly. The box is called Pink Box (their main color is pink so don't be surprised if everything has pink in it) and it usually contains newly released products from their brand. It is not a subscription box, yes, it is a box that can only be received by Pink birds but fret not! You can still buy the products in their online shop.

This Pink Box is supposedly a November box. You're probably thinking that this is a late review. Ha!
SMH. Well, you're right. *high five* lol In my defense, I didn't have that much time to put the products to test and they sent it at the end of November so I received the box around second week of December so I'd rather call it December box and I have exams too and I was busy and.. and.. I will stop listing excuses now. lol I better start the review before this intro gets too long. :P

The December box contains products from their holiday collection called Snowy Dessert. This reminded me a little of their spring collection called Sweet Recipe which was released last January 2013.
Their Snowy Dessert line has 6 products, pudding tints, play 101 pencils, ginger cookie blusher, ginger cookie contour maker, scented tablets and hand creams.

Here are the items I received:
Snowy Dessert Pudding Tint PK001 Grapefruit
Snowy Dessert Play 101 Pencil 71& 73
Snowy Dessert Ginger Cookie Blusher
Honey Cera Kit
Etude House Magazine


$16.80
 This is a two tone blusher with a warm and sweet baked ginger man that brightly flushes cheeks.
How to use:
 After applying a certain amount onto puff gently dab onto cheek area that protrudes when smiling.


Ingredients:
 A)Mica(Ci77019), Talc, Titanium Dioxide(Ci77891), Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Nylon-12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Myristate, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides(Ci77491), 1,2-Hexanediol, Iron Oxides(Ci77492), Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Red 7 Lake(Ci15850), Glyceryl Caprylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Bentonite, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Diisostearyl Malate, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Hydroxystearate, Olea Europaea(Olive) Fruit Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Tin Oxide B)Mica(Ci77019), Talc, Titanium Dioxide(Ci77891), Dimethicone, Propylene Glycol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Nylon-12, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Myristate, Boron Nitride, 1,2-Hexanediol, Dimethiconol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Iron Oxides(Ci77491), Glyceryl Caprylate, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Bentonite, Methicone, Lauroyl Lysine, Red 7 Lake(Ci15850), Diisostearyl Malate, Lauryl Peg/Ppg-18/18 Methicone, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hydrogenated Castor Oil Hydroxystearate, Olea Europaea(Olive) Fruit Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Oil, Iron Oxides(Ci77492)
Isn't it cute? The box that it came with added more cuteness factor to it because it resembles an oven.

Cuteness overload! lol You'd definitely think twice before using it because you might ruin the adorable ginger bread man. Okay, someone tell me that I'm not the only one who thought of that. 

Close up.

When I first saw this, I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit afraid to use it not just because of the possibility that the cute ginger bread man might disappear but also because it was really orange-y in the pan. Not the typical shade I would use for a blush. In fact, I can't recall owning a blusher that is as orange as this one. Thoughts about this being very pigmented kind of put me off. Luckily, it was very sheer! lol Swatching it was kind of a pain because I had to layer multiple times just so it can be captured properly on cam. After applying thinly on my cheeks it turned out to be more of a bronze color rather than orange. I wouldn't really recommend layering it a lot because it has fine shimmers to it and you might look like a disco ball. JK I'd say this product is nice if you're looking for a cute bronzer + highlighter kind of product.
 
$7.80
 This is a gel-type pencil that comes with vivid colors and various textures for easy and fun makeup play.
How to use:

Twist to dispense certain amount and use on desired area. Close cap after use. When using sharpener, insert lead and sharpen while turning slowly.
 
The Snowy Dessert Play 101 Pencils has 5 shades, 71-75.
 
 Ingredients:
Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Mica (Ci 77019), Isododecane, Polyethylene, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Synthetic Wax, Polyisobutene, Ceresin, Silica, Phenyl Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Phenoxyethanol, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Hydrogen Dimethicone, Lecithin, Tocopherol, Iron Oxides (Ci 77491), Propylene Carbonate, Tin Oxide
 
 
These pencils are my favorite in the whole collection.
Their Play 101 pencil line has a huge range of colors you can choose from and they're multi functional too!
What it does
- Simply full makeup: Various pencils which could be used for eyes, lips, cheeks, etc.
- Rich color with a single drawing: Rich and pigmented colors that do not need layering over and over.
- 5 various textures: Creamy, matte, glossy, shimmering, and glitter types available. Pick your favorite texture and experience the easy and fast makeup
- Long lasting waterproof function: Made of 'highly functional waterproof polymer'* for long-lasting makeup.
(*'Highly functional waterproof polymer' is NOT applied to some of glossy type items)


Color System
- Creamy: Soft drawing texture with rich colors.
- Matte: Soft drawing but powdery finishing. Recommend to use as eyebrow, eyeshadow, concealer, and base.
- Glossy: Moist texture that can simply fill up crease. Recommend to use as blusher and lips.
- Shimmering: Delicate glittering color for urbane look.
- Glitter: Glittering texture for dramatic and fancy makeup.


Details

#1 (Creamy) / #2 (Glitter) / #3 (Glitter) / #4 (Glitter) / #5 (Glitter)#6 (Shimmering) / #7 (Matte) / #8 (Matte) / #9 (Matte) / #10 (Matte)
#11 (Creamy) / #12 (Glossy) / #13 (Glitter) / #14 (Creamy) / #15 (Glossy)
#16 (Creamy) / #17 (Creamy) / #18 (Matte) / #19 (Creamy) / #20 (Creamy)
#21 (Glossy) / #22 (Glossy) / #23 (Glossy) / #24 (Creamy) / #25 (Glossy)
#26 (Glitter) / #27 (Glitter) / #28 (Glitter) / #29 (Shimmering) / #30 (Creamy)
#31 (Glitter) / #32 (Matte) / #33 (Matte) / #34 (Glitter) / #35 (Glitter)
#36 (Glitter) / #37 (Creamy) / #38 (Glitter) / #39 (Glitter) / #40 (Glitter)
#41 (Glitter) / #42 (Matte) / #43 (Glitter) / #44 (Glitter) / #45 (Shimmering)
#46 (Glitter) / #47 (Shimmering) / #48 (Glitter) / #49 (Creamy) / #50 (Creamy)

- As Eyeliner: 1~5, 27~50
- As Eyeshadow: All options
- As Makeup Base: 6~10
- As Highlighter: 6
- As Concealer: 8
- As Lip / Blusher: 11~26
- As Eyebrow: 41, 42
cr: etudehouse
 
Something is wrong with the picture above. lol
#71 is a cool toned pink with gold shimmers. This is like their eyeliner version of the Give Me Chocolate eyeshadow in Salted Caramel which I love. The color is just beautiful. I haven't reviewed that one yet though but I will, maybe next week. lol
#73 is a champagne color with pearl shimmers. Really pretty as well. It is one of those shades that you would like to put in the inner corner of your eyes if you want to achieve that Kpop girl group look.
Both shades are really creamy and easy to apply but I think these duo chrome pencils aren't as long lasting as the regular ones, it's still really good nevertheless. I would definitely recommend the Play 101 pencils.

$10.40
Soft pudding tint that  melts lips with its sweet, soft embrace  
How to use:
1. Dispense a certain amount of tint with enclosed spoon tip.
2. Place tint onto inner lips and apply onto lips with the back of spoon tip.
3. Gradate naturally towards outer lips.


Ingredients:
Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Astrocaryum Murumuru Butter, Phytosteryl/Isostearyl/Cetyl/Stearyl/Behenyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Acrylates/Stearyl Acrylate/Dimethicone Methacrylate Copolymer, Diisostearyl Malate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Water, Butylene Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Fragaria Chiloensis(Strawberry) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus(Apple) Fruit Extract, Citrus Paradisi(Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Fragrance [+/- (May Contain) Red 6 (Ci 15850), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 7 (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Red 33 Lake (Ci 17200), Red 22 Lake (Ci 45380), Yellow 5 Lake (Ci 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (Ci 15985), Yellow 10 Lake (Ci 47005), Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499, Ci 77491), Mica


I just realized that I didn't take photos of the box. =_=
If you're familiar with the Sweet Recipe Cupcake All Over Color, it is very similar to that just bigger.


It came with this applicator which I find a little strange, to be honest.

The scent of this pudding tint is just lovely. Color is more of a pinkish rosy coral in real life. Perfect shade for everyday use and it brightens your skin tone as well. It is very pigmented and leaves your lips with a pink tint after fading. Funny how the finish in the promotional photos are very glossy when in reality it's actually semi matte. I am seriously puzzled as to how they managed to get the glossy finish. What did I do wrong? What sorcery did they use? lol I haven't really figured out yet how to properly use the applicator they provided. The tint melts very slowly so I prefer using my fingers when applying the tint rather than the spatula. It also gives a much better finish.
I tried poking the tint with the spatula they provided and I must say that it's very interesting. The texture was very unique, it is bouncy just like pudding and jelly. lol
As for the staying power, it's only average. Oh, I haven't said this in a while but make sure to exfoliate and moisturize your lips before using this tint. This product will emphasize the dry patches and sink into the lines of your lips so make sure it is well moisturized!

They also included this Honey Cera Kit in the box. I haven't really tried these yet.

Highly nutritive multi-Toner that moistens rough and dry skin without any stickiness.
A nourishing and firming Emulsion that provides rich nutrition and strengthens the skin’s oil-moisture balance.
A nourishing and firming Cream that provides dry skin with abundant nutrition and radiance.
 A priming Eye Serum that enhances dark circles under the eyes with its whitening function for a smooth and brightened eye area.

All the products mentioned above are available at Etude House.com.

That's it! My first post for 2016.YAY!
I apologize if the reviews aren't that detailed. I summarized everything to prevent the blog post from getting longer. I'm pretty sure you will be bored if I made it longer than this. lol
My second pink box arrived last Tuesday, I haven't really opened the products or taken photos of it just yet but I will try to test everything out soon and post about it next Friday. :D
I hope you guys haven't forgotten about me yet. lol See you in my next post!

What do you think of this collection? Have you tried any of the products I mentioned above?

The products mentioned were sent by Etude House for review purposes.  Opinions expressed are based on my own experience and 100% honest.

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. The products are adorable! Never seen this brand before, I must check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, long time no see! Congratulations on being a pink bird now. I'very been chosen, too, and I'm super honoured. This collection is so pretty! Looking forward to see your other boxes being reviewed.❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. The ginger bread blusher looks too cute to use! The pudding tints look interested...I don't really see the point in the applicator ^^"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks like such a great box! The blusher is really cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink play pencil <3!!! looks stunning aerate i need it now hahahah ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the packaging of the snowy dessert play 101 pencils! Also that gingerbread blusher is sooooo cute! You received a box of cuteness! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, lucky you :D congrats of being a pink bird *_* This is a dream for every beautyblogger :D the packagin is so gorgeous *_* Loving that gingerbread blush :3
    http://www.youtube.com/c/MissLovelyAttitude
    http://lovelyattitude.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe