Banila Co Prime Primer Classic Review

7:38 AM


Last month, I mentioned that Beautynetkorea sent me a surprise package. This Banila Co Prime Primer Classic was included in it along with other products from the same brand. I'm not really the type to use primer because I'm kind of slow and there isn't much time to prepare. My dad and brothers sometimes.. scratch that, it's more like "often", complain about how long it takes me to take a bath, get dressed and apply make up. Oh, the things boys will never understand. LOL I like to take my time when applying make up but there will always be those sad times when I have to leave really early in the morning and rush everything. I've always thought that adding another step in my make up routine would take more time so I never really bothered. Despite my lack of interest in primers, this Prime Primer Classic did get my attention a long time ago because it was chosen as the number 1 primer by Get It Beauty's blind test. I've been meaning to purchase this since then but keep forgetting about it. lol


Banila Co.
Prime Primer Classic
30ml
One of Banila Co.'s bestselling product and Get It Beauty's no.1 primer, ranked first in four categories, pore cover, texture, natural and long lasting. This primer claims to make skin with rough texture smooth all day long, cover pores and make wrinkles less visible. It also promises to help your make up last for a long time and prevent dryness and greasiness.

This is how the box looks like. I can't find the ingredients in English, for those who can read Hangul, please help. lol

Due to it's immense popularity, this primer now has 6 versions: Classic, Classic Matte, Hydrating, Hydrating Shimmer, Anti Wrinkle and Purity.
 There's nothing fancy about the packaging. The bottle is made of hard plastic and uses a pump to dispense the product. It is easier to control how much product you want to use because of the pump dispenser and it's also more hygienic and convenient. I must say I was a bit surprised at how tiny the bottle is, the size is definitely something I did not expect. lol I thought it would be bigger but then again each bottle of Banila Co. Primer only contains 30 ml of product, which will last for a pretty long time btw, so a bigger container isn't really necessary. Besides, the smaller it is the more travel friendly it becomes. When you're traveling, you can store it easily in your bag and you're ready to go.
The small cap serves as a lock for the pump dispenser and it prevents spillage of the product when stored in bags. It's kind of frustrating how loose it is though, sometimes  you'd wonder where the cap went. lol Wish they made it more secure.
Primer is translucent and has a very faint scent to it. The scent of this product will disappear seconds after you apply it, it is actually not that noticeable unless you try to sniff it. It has a gel like texture which is very similar to peeling gels I've tried in the past. lol Except this one gives off a silky finish after blending while peeling gels becomes watery once you start massaging it into your skin. Another similarity it has with peeling gels is that it forms white clumps when you rub it, note that this only happens if you applied too much primer. That's why I won't recommend you to use too much of this, a little goes a long way so just apply a thin layer and focus more on areas like your T-zone or cheeks. I repeat (LOL) do not apply 3 or more layers because white clumps will start to form when you blend/rub it on your face and it has the tendency to make your skin look patchy when you apply foundation or bb cream.
This primer does make your skin smooth, it kind of slightly mattifies your skin, making it shine free right after applying it. This claims to cover your pores. Let me tell you something, they lied. lol My pores aren't that humungous but the difference it makes it on it is barely noticeable. I haven't tried Benefit Porefessional but judging on reviews I've read about it, it is so much better in covering pores compared to this one. You need to wait a little for it to set and look at it carefully to see the difference in pore size. lol It's quite hard to tell the other differences it made but after testing it for quite a while I noticed that it did help in making my make up last a little longer. It didn't really do much with oil control probably because the primer itself contains too much oil in it. This primer isn't really exceptional but still quite decent, I suppose. I don't know if it's just me but somehow it's still questionable to me how it managed to get the top spot as the best primer in Korea. lol Oh well, maybe this just isn't the right variant for me. This will most likely suit people with normal to dry skin.
Once again, thanks to Beautynetkorea for sending me this. I will post other review of the Banila Co. products they gifted me sometime this week or next week so stay tuned! lol
Get yours here:
Banila Co Prime Primer Classic   
The product mentioned was sent by Beautynetkorea.  Opinions expressed are based on my own experience and 100% honest

Just a short review to start this week. Thanks for reading!
Btw, I watched Misaeng! I haven't finished it yet though, still stuck at episode 17 for around a week now. lol
And Pinocchio has finally ended, it was a good drama! *thumbs up* I recommend you all to watch it. :D
KBYE. Time to watch more dramas. LOL

You Might Also Like

18 comments

  1. I was looking into this product too since it was ranked so highly on Get it Beauty. Good thing I didn't get it since it doesn't do much for pores and mine are huuggeee. I really should try the Benefit one lol. Thanks for the review!

    New Year K-Cosmetics Giveaway on my blog!

    xx Stella
    www.pastelblvd.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also really really slow (especially in the morning and my whole family likes to tease me a lot about it too ;A;)/
    I always read positive reviews about this product, and i've always been curious to try it, i had tried the benefit porefessional in the past, but i didn't do much to cover my pores (which aren't that huge so...) and it dried my skin a lot .-.
    Thanks for the review!

    ----

    www,chocowip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also love to take my time with makeup in the morning, infact I get up before my boyfriend to have time. I heard a lot of good things about this brand but never got a hold on anything!
    xo
    Alice|Alice's Beauty Madness

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh my I did not know that this was ranked number one on Get It Beauty! ^ ___ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounded like a good product until you said it didn't cover pores, what a shame! xxx Thou Shalt Not Covet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds nice, I really need to start using a primer.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. i wonder if the matte one will work better hmm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Primer is a necessity & is something I always suggest, it is a must. BUT, it needs to help cover the pores. Over the years, it's been trial and error!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh it sounded brilliant, but if it doesn't work with pores hmmm not so sure x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too bad it doesn't cover pores as well as you though! It wouldn't be something for me as I do get oily. Thanks for the review! xx

    Laura
    Pink Frenzy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I looove primers but this doesn't sound like it's for me, my skin is super oily so I always want something to mattify and make my base last longer :)

    Jess xo
    http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yeah, maybe I'll stay away from this one, but I do have dry skin so it might be better for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so hard to find a good primer! Once I find one I just stick to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Marxie!

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this review.

    Well, I've been looking for a good primer to try, and you just saved me from heading on this one hehe..

    And oh, I just followed you on Bloglovin, and hope to get and touch and see more of your upcoming posts!

    xo
    Jhem | JhemSAys.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Never heard of this brand before! I'm a primer addict so I'll pop this on my list of things to try :)



    Creepers & Cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never heard of this brand before but I adore the packaging, it's super cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also have banila co primer, foundation from Althea Korea, mine was the prime primer, foundation fitting spf30, It works with my huge pores! I will also review it soon.

    TIN
    http://www.tinroman.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe