Laneige White Plus Renew Capsule Sleeping Pack Review

2:03 AM

This is the newest addition to Laneige's White Plus Renew line is by far my current favorite sleeping pack. Doesn't it look interesting? To those who wants to get rid of their dull complexion, this is recommended to be used with the White Plus Renew Original Essence to get good results or you can use all the products in this line if you want an even better outcome.




Laneige White Plus Renew Capsule Sleeping Pack
16 pack 3ml each
For all skin types
Brightening capsule sleeping pack that soften and brighten the skin like an eggshell overnight.
Available in disposable packs containing the right amount for one time use.
Offers the optimal ratio of brightening capsules and hydrating radiance gel cream.

As we age, our melanin self decomposing capacity decreases resulting to dull skin.
This is where Laneige's innovative Melacrusher technology comes in. It inhibits melanin synthesis, block bridge and restores our melanin self decomposing capacity. Melacrusher decomposes melanin debris in your skin and clarifies the melanin factory to leave your skin flawlessly radiant.
The Capsule Sleeping pack is suitable for all skin types, yes, even for sensitive skin because this is mild and free from animal originated ingredients, artificial colorants and mineral oil.
Similar with the Original Essence.

Directions
Mix the whitening capsule and hydrogel using the spatula.
Gently apply it to your face and pat it using your palms for faster absorption.
Make sure to use up 1 pack, apply some of it to your neck as well for brightening and hydrating effect as well.

Box
As usual, it came in a blue and white box.

Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Alcohol, Niacinamide, Pentaerythrithyl Tetraethylhexanoate, Ascorbyl, Glucoside, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Yeast Extract, 1.2-Hexanediol, C12-20 Alkyl Gucoside, C14-22 Alcohols, Glycerin, Dimethicone Dipropyleneglycol, BIS-PEG-18 Methyl Ether Dimethyl, Silane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cetearyl Alcohol, Squalane, Silica, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20, Polysilicone-11. Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Carbomer, Tromethamine, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance

Some of the ingredients listed above were also present in the Original Essence so I will just copy paste what I said in my other review. lol f you check the box, you will see Camellia Sinensis Leaf and Yeast Extracts. Camellia Sinensis Leaf (green tea) extract has a lot of function, it acts as moisturizer, antioxidant, emollient, astringent and sunscreen. Green Tea is said to be Asia's leading whitening ingredient, it is mild on the skin yet powerful for whitening. The whole Laneige White Plus Renew line has green tea for whitening and it's also used to inhibit melanin generation and block the melanin bridge. As for the Yeast Extract, it is originated from mushroom and it's a new concept whitening technology that restores the melanin self decomposing capacity of your skin for flawlessly bright complexion.
I added the ingredients to cosdna, click HERE. There were a few ingredients that may trigger acne or irritate the skin such as Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Carbomer and Squalane. Cetearyl Alcohol is actually considered safe but may still not be good for those who has extra sensitive skin. I always see Squalane in Laneige ingredients lists, it's known as a moisturizing ingredient, according to cosdna it also serves as Antistatic, Antioxidant and Emollient. I also searched on google and from reading in a few websites I've come to know that Squalane can also reduce wrinkles, eliminate scars, reverse UV damage, lighten freckles and erase skin pigmentation while fighting free radicals. Another notable ingredient here is the Niacinamide or Vitamin B3 which has a variety of benefits. It can improve your skin's texture, it can treat aging skin and stimulate the dermis to produce more collagen to give you a firmer skin. The anti-flammatory properties of Niacinamide can also treat acne.
This is how the packs look like from front and back.  Each box has 16 packs and it contains 3 ml of product. It's small so it's easy to bring around, perfect for those who loves to travel but still want to get a glowing skin! You wouldn't have to worry about carrying a jar of skin care product that can help in brightening your dull skin, you can just toss a few of this on your bag and your ready to go.
This sleeping pack contains 25% of brightening ampoule (white part) and 75% of hydrating radiance ampoule or hydrogel which is responsible for hydration and also makes the brightening capsule more effective.
I love Laneige for always including spatula, don't use your fingers in mixing because it's unhygienic. It's easy to open, just pull the upper right part of it. Use the spatula to mix the brightening capsule and hydrogel together. At first it was fun mixing it but it's tiring after a few uses especially if you're tired (or lazy lol) and want to just finish applying skin care products as fast as you can so you can go to bed and sleep soundly.
Here's a closer look on how it looks like after getting mixed together. 
Like Water Sleeping Pack and Firming Sleeping Pack, this also feels light and refreshing on the skin but I find the Capsule Sleeping Pack to be much thicker than the other two that I mentioned and this feels quite sticky and takes a little more time to get fully absorbed. The scent is also barely noticeable so I have no problem about it.
One pack for each use is nice, however, I find that one pack is too much for me even if I have already applied it on my neck. It's such a waste so I apply it on my arms too rather than just throwing it on the trash can. Also, you should be cautious of how much product you apply on your face because applying way too much may also cause breakouts. It is advised to use everything in one use because it's more effective that way (according to Laneige) but I also tried using half of it first then use the remaining half the next night and the sleeping pack didn't change in any way plus I still get the same result, brightened and more hydrated skin. btw, it is recommended to use this once or twice a week but I don't really follow that. lol I use this whenever I feel like using it. I also mentioned about how the absorption time is a little longer than the other sleeping packs I've tried and it's also quite sticky, if you want it to get absorbed faster you have to keep on massaging it and it may still feel a tad bit sticky but it will slowly disappear. This won't also leave any stain on your pillow .
I feel like all the sleeping packs I've tried which are all from Laneige have the same effects. lol All of them gives you a soft and smooth skin when you rinse it off. I'm not sure if it's because I used it together with the Original Essence but I felt like this is more hydrating and brightening than Water Sleeping Pack and Firming Sleeping Pack. This also made my skin more plump and look more fresh after rinsing. The thing that I liked the most about this is that it's able to reduce the appearance of the deepening line under my left eye, I got it probably because of pulling my skin when I'm in a hurry of applying bb cream or skin care products lol (Be gentle on your skin!) and probably because I always sleep on my sides. This is really awesome, the change is very obvious. Like there's only 20% of the line left but it's not permanent. That fine line will make its return after a day or two, too bad! Still, the fact that it made it less visible is already amazing. I forgot to mention that I woke up with zero oiliness on my nose (the only part of my face that is oily) when I used this sleeping pack. I love using Laneige sleeping packs because my face is just so pleasant to touch after rinsing the product off my face.
That's it for my review!
This is probably the last sleeping pack review for 2014. lol

Pros:
Lightweight
Portable
Hydrating
Brightening
Soft and smooth skin after rinsing
Hygienic
Mild scent
Didn't break me out
Cons:
Expensive
Too much product for one use

I really like this sleeping pack and I will surely repurchase. It's expensive but it's worth it.
This retails in Korea for 30,000 won but you can get this at Ibuybeauti for $33, shipping worldwide is free.

Get yours here:
Laneige White Plus Renew Capsule Sleeping Pack

I have Lock'n Summer products waiting to be used but I just can't find time to try it all out because I haven't taken photos yet. LOL It's already rainy season here and it's raining almost everyday so I can't take photos because it always turns to be dark and ugly. OTL I will still try to take product photos and post a review sometime this week. :D


What's your favorite sleeping pack or mask? Have you tried this one before?

The product mentioned was sponsored by Ibuybeauti.  Opinions expressed are based on my own experience and 100% honest.

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I like the concept of having the two components and having to mix it. Also the point that it is provided in separate capsules is great because it makes is travelfriendly. Lovely review ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice review. It's very convenient to bring for travel :D

    http://farishanadia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe