Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX Review

11:09 PM

Hello everyone! Today I will be reviewing one of Laneige's best selling product, the Water Sleeping Pack EX. When someone says Laneige, doesn't this sleeping pack come to mind? Or is it just me? Probably just me. SMH Haha! This sleeping pack has won a lot of awards in the past and I believe this is what made Laneige more known internationally. A lot of bloggers sang praises for this product, some even said this is their holy grail and that they can't live without it which made me quite ecstatic about trying it out with hopes that I will love this as much as they do. I have tried 3 sleeping packs from Laneige, if you're curious which one I liked the most then do anticipate my review for the other two which will be posted this week as well.

For all skin types
Light gel-type texture provides intensive hydration, vitality, and brightening effect while restoring skin with deep relaxation through aroma scent. Water Sleeping Pack fills in moisture while you're asleep to leave your skin deeply hydrated and brightened.

According to Laneige, if you have a rough and dull skin, you must use this one or twice a week to achieve a bright and crystal clear complexion.

How to use:
 Take an appropriate amount and gently apply on your face. Go to sleep after the product has been fully absorbed and wash it off in the morning.

 
Box
I'm quite disappointed that they didn't include the ingredients list in the box. No English here except for the product name and a little description. [songyi voice] Sorry. lol

I found the full list of ingredients of this sleeping pack on Cosdna, click HERE if you're interested.
Most of the ingredients has green flag, some are on yellow and there's one that is labeled with red flag which is the Triethanolamine. It is known as a pH adjuster and it can cause allergic reactions so I'm advising everyone who has very sensitive skin to be wary of this particular ingredient though I have read some reviews before from some bloggers who has sensitive skin and luckily they didn't experience anything bad even if this ingredient is present in this sleeping pack. Actually most of the reviews I've read in the past are positive. Putting that one aside, this sleeping pack contains a lot of good ingredients as well. If you guys remember my Laneige Original Essence White Plus Renew review, you'll notice that this sleeping pack also has Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract in it. It is also known as green tea which has a lot of functions, it acts as moisturizer, antioxidant, emollient, astringent and sunscreen. Green Tea is said to be Asia's leading whitening ingredient, it is mild on the skin yet powerful for whitening. (copy paste from my original essence review lol). This is also enriched with Beta Glucan to deeply hydrate tired and dry skin while the Ceramide SLN formula strengthens the skin barrier for moisture loss protection. Hunza Apricot Extract is also an antioxidant and it purifies your skin for clearer and evened out skin tone while the Himalaya Snow Water helps in keeping your skin vitalized and Chestnut Extract to improve skin texture.
What's in the box
The product, a small white spatula for hygiene purposes and a pamphlet that contains some information about the product. Love how Laneige always adds spatula/applicator on their products! Don't forget to wash the spatula often to prevent bacteria build up.
Packaging
The Water Sleeping Pack is housed in a blue jar made of hard plastic. Nothing fancy but I do like how simple and sleek the packaging is. It is sturdy but I won't bring this if I'm going to travel. If you want to bring this sleeping pack anywhere I would suggest to just buy a smaller jar or pot to store it, it's much more convenient that way imo. This sleeping pack is good for 12 months. I forgot to take a photo but in case you're wondering where the manufacturing or expiration date is, you can see it at the bottom of the jar. You might want to check first to make sure you're not using an expired product.
When you open it, you will see a Laneige sticker/seal on top, it is to indicate that the product is brand new. Don't use it if the seal is broken or not attached properly.
This is how it looks like when you remove the seal. You will see a blue colored gel upon opening, isn't it unique? Usually gels are just transparent or white in color. 
Though I like the idea that the gel is sealed I still would prefer if they included a second lid because once you remove the seal, the gel or the sleeping pack will have the tendency to go all over the place if you bring it for traveling.
The blue color of the gel is really pretty and it matches the color of the packaging too. The scent doesn't bother me, it has a soapy kinda perfume-y/floral scent when you smell it directly from the tub but it fades quickly when applied on the skin. This also contains an aromatic essence compound called Sleepscent which is suppose to help you relax your mind and body to promote a good night sleep. Sleepscent is exclusively developed by Amore Pacific and it is composed of essential oils from Orange flower, Rose, Ylang Ylang, Sandalwood, etc.
The gel is indeed light textured and it melts and becomes watery the moment you spread it out on your skin. You will feel a slight cooling sensation as you massage it onto your face making you feel very refreshed. I have to agree that having this on your face before you hit the bed is indeed very relaxing.
It gets absorbed fast but do take note that the absorption time still depends on how much product you applied. Sometimes using too much product can cause break outs, you have to believe me when I say that you only need a little, I only use a very little amount each time, I'd say a little larger than a pea size amount and it covers my entire face already. The more you massage it to your face the faster it will get absorbed. There is no sticky feeling, well.. unless you put a lot of it on your face and this pack doesn't leave any residue. No need to worry about staining your pillow case too! The scent isn't as noticeable as it is in the tub though others who are sensitive to fragrances may still find it quite bothersome. I have used this a lot of times already and tbh I didn't see any drastic changes on my skin, I used to have a little amount of dry patches on my cheeks and this sleeping pack didn't completely make it all disappear, the first time I used this, it only minimized the appearance of some of my dry patches but the effect has improved with continued use. And yes, I didn't really follow Laneige's tip to use this 1-2 times week, I use this 3-4 times for better results. lol My skin does feel hydrated when I woke up. Usually if I didn't put any skincare product on my face before sleeping I'd wake up with an oily nose and after using this there's only very little oiliness. My favorite part is washing it off in the morning because the smoothness and softness of the skin can be felt. Other than that, once the sleeping pack is completely washed off, you will notice that it gives you a brightening effect which I love. Bad news is brightening isn't long lasting. I kind of like this sleeping pack but it's definitely not my favorite. XD

Pros:
Lightweight
Fast absorption
Hydrating
Brightening
No sticky feeling
Scent (may be a con for some)
Hygienic
Didn't break me out
Cons:
I can't really think of a lot of cons but oh well
Packaging (not really that convenient for traveling and you need to clean the spatula to prevent bacteria build up)
expensive
Scent (you might find it a little bothersome if you're sensitive to fragrances)
Might not work for those who has very dry skin

Overall Rating:3/5

This retails for 25,000 krw in Korea but you can get this at Jolse for $29.98. They offer free shipping worldwide and they always have sale! A lot of people are asking me what shops I would recommend and I admit that Jolse is one of my sponsors but I have purchased stuff from them a couple of times and I do recommend them, great customer service and they give out a lot of samples for every order so YAY.

Get yours here:
Laneige Water Sleeping Pack EX.

Next review will be posted on Wednesday, this review was supposed to be posted last Friday but idk why blogger didn't post it as scheduled. orz I will finish my sleeping pack reviews and then I'll post a lip product review next Monday. YAY!

Have you tried this sleeping pack before? What's your favorite item from Laneige? :D
It's time for me to watch Roommate and Running Man, see you all in my next post! lol

You Might Also Like

24 comments

  1. I had a tiny sample sized jar of this sleeping mask and I loved it, especially the sleepscent, which seem to work on me perfectly, I fell asleep after less than 5 minutes as soon as I put this on and relaxed in front of the tv XD I would love to get the full sized ja, but the other maks from laneige look nice, too, so I cannot deside :D I'll wait for your reviews :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been wanting to try this for so long! But every time I try to buy the little trial jars it is sold out, and even though I love sleeping packs they are never hydrating enough.
    Do you think this is hydrating enough for super duper dry skin?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like an interesting product but I´m not sure about try in the future. Thank you for your honest review!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this sleeping pack! The scent is so relaxing! I'm a bit annoyed that Laneige never but the full ingredients lists on their products or websites. I just don't get it.

    Beauty Challenged

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thi sounds like wonderful product! :D The packaging is also pretty cool. :D Sadly Laneige is abit pricey for my budget. :/

    Gig Love,
    Siew Hui
    http://3verythingilove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard so many good things about this! Currently I'm using The Face Shop's Aqua Drop Sleeping Pack and I heard it's quite similar, but I'm sure this a lot more hydrating. Can't wait to try this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't have dry enough skin but it really looks great, I will tell my mum about it as she could benefit from it more than me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds great - Love the packaging and it sounds wonderful. May need to track this one down! <3 GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  9. i didn't know laneige has many ranges of sleeping masks! i always thought they only carry this! hahaha, please review the other two soon!
    giglove

    ReplyDelete
  10. Never heard of this brand before but the product sounds amazing. Do they ship internationally? This mask is something that my skin definitely needs. GIG love :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this mask and I still yet to touch mine!! Because the sample size i got was very huge for me to even finish it. Didn't like it that much.

    ReplyDelete
  12. that looks very nice product and with good quality..
    but maybe if they are going cheaper it would be better :p ..
    thank you for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got one too and I'm loving it! It does really brighten my skin and absorption was fast :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhhh this should be amazing ,I have sample from laneige and they say that my skin is combination ,I have oily t zone and this sleeping mask suit for people with dry skin ,so I choose another sleeping cream
    Nice review

    ReplyDelete
  15. i heard many rave about this but i still dont like sleeping pack...it make me feel like there's a layer on face which I dun like!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Water sleeping pack ? It's something very new to me and I'd love to try this or something similar with it :-D

    ReplyDelete
  17. it sounded like a great product but then you mention not good for dry skin... such a shame

    ReplyDelete
  18. It'll have breakouts ? I never know sleeping pack wud cause breakouts.. that's interesting...Thank you for sharing tho..

    www.smallnhot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. i actually love the packaging, maybe because its blue haha i want to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  20. looks like a good product but i have dry skin so it wouldnt work for me

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've never heard of these before, but I definitely need to try them ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  22. This product is definitely awesome. I used to have very dull & oily skin. After using it for a couple weeks. It has brighten up my skin, smooth and hydrated. 100% satisfaction!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I bought the miniature version a 20 m but ut has no sealing. Do you think it has already been used or do the mini versions really have no sealing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing lol i have the 20 ml also and it didnt have a seal, i think the sample size dont have seal but it looked full so i dont think it was used hope this helps:)

      Delete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe