Mamonde Real Skin Founder 01 Light Beige Review

10:24 PM

Mamonde Real Skin Founder Review and Swatches
Hello everyone! This is my second Mamonde product review. :D
 I have only tried like 4 products from them before. If you are not familiar with Mamonde, they are also under the Korean cosmetic giant, Amore Pacific. Mamonde uses different kinds of flowers as the main ingredients in their products and they've been around for quite a long time already, 1991, but they are not that popular overseas yet. If you live in Korea or if you're planning to visit there and shop for cosmetics, you can find a Mamonde flagship store at Myeongdong. They also have stores in China and Thailand. And of course, you can shop Mamonde products online too! :D
Their best seller is the First Energy Serum. I actually received a sample set of that from Ibuybeauti. Even though I don't really use samples I still decided to try it because I was curious, however, I was quite disappointed because it made my skin oily. orz
One product that I'm sure has caught a lot of attention is their Real Skin Founder which was released about almost a year ago and was endorsed by SNSD's Yuri. She actually have a promotional video for this product and she also posted this on her instagram. I think the netizens went out and purchased this right away when they saw her post. lol Her contract has already expired a month ago and Mamonde's new model is now Park Shinhye who used to be Holika Holika's endorser.


 Mamonde Real Skin Founder SPF 33 PA++
1 Light Beige
13 g 
28,000 KRW
Experience foundation's thin and moist coverage and powder's makeup fixing function at the same time.

Founder is basically a combination of foundation and powder.
 This is totally reminds me a lot of kpop fans who combines the names of their favorite idols or actors and actresses to make a shipping/OTP name. lol Okay, back to the review.

The Mamode Real Skin Founder contains Edelweiss extract which helps to soften skin and also other ingredients like gold and pearl to give the skin an elegant glow.

Available shades:
1 Light Beige, 2 Natural Beige
Box
It comes in this gray and pink box. Taking a photo of the sides were quite difficult because it's reflective. It's pretty nonetheless. XD Everything is written in Hangul, (probably because they're not yet popular internationally) well, except for the front part of it. I assume it just contains the basic information about the product but I will still try to ask someone to translate even just the back part of the box. Standard information like brand name and shade can be found on top of the box. Like most bb creams and foundations, this is also good for 12 months after opening.
Ingredients
Purified Water, Titanium Dioxide, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate , Dimethicone, Green Tea Extract, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Alumina, Ceresin, Cyclohexasiloxane , Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Sucrose Tetrastearate Triacetate, Zinc Oxide, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Sorbitan Isostearate, Polyethylene, Gold, Mother of Pearl, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sorbitan Oleate, Aluminum Hydroxide , Ozokerite , Stearic Acid , Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Adenosine, Snow Lotus Extract, Jasmine Flower Extract, Chamomile Flower Extract , Edelweiss Flower/Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Yellow Iron Oxide, Red Iron Oxide, Black Iron Oxide, Fragrances
Thanks Gloria for the ingredients list! :)

None of the ingredients are harmful but a few can trigger acne breakouts. You can check HERE to see which ingredients can cause acne. 
As I've mentioned earlier, this contains gold and pearl and those ingredients are supposed to give your skin a glowy effect. Leontopodium Alpinum flower is written in the front part of the box, that is actually the scientific name of Edelweiss flower which I believe is the main ingredient.
Edelweiss extract is very beneficial to the skin. It has a lot of benefits, it is known to be the best anti aging herbal flower, contains a lot of anti oxidants, anti inflammatory and soothing properties. It can also make your skin smooth, provide elasticity and moisture to it. And it also has the ability to protect your skin from UV rays. How awesome is that?
 Packaging
The compact is really pretty, it is simple but I love it. It's actually not that pink in person. The cover is metallic pink while the bottom part is kind of faded pink. It is made of plastic and it's not as bulky as cushion foundation compacts which is definitely great imo. This is sturdy and also lightweight. 
Product name, shade and manufacturing date can all be seen at the bottom of the compact.
This is how it looks like when you open it. Like cushion foundations, it has a good size built in mirror, air puff and second lid that holds the air puff and separates it from the foundation. This is also available in refills. If you already have the compact, I suggest that you should just buy refills once you hit the pan because it's cheaper if you do it that way. However, I tried to remove the foundation container but it's really difficult! I felt like I will break my nails if I keep on trying to detach it so I just gave up. lol I'll try to remove it again next time and post photos here. Wish me luck! Haha!
Air puff
Air puffs from Amore Pacific brands are always white and blue in color, well.. not really. lol the Magic Any Cushion from Etude House is an exception, it's pink. All the air puffs I've tried are soft and flexible especially the ones from The Face Shop. You can achieve a better coverage if you use the air puff to get the product and apply it in light patting motions. If you've tried air puffs before I bet you will agree if I say that air puffs are really hard to clean and you need to be careful in cleaning it as well so you can prevent damaging it. Using the same air puff all the time is also very unhygienic so it will be better if you have a few extra puffs. It's pretty affordable anyways.
You will see a sticker attached on the lid. Make sure to close the lid tightly to prevent the minerals inside from drying.
This is how it looks like when you open the second lid. The photo below is a close up shot of the founder.
 Applied and blended using fingers
L-blended R- not blended
It appears solid in it's compact but melts instantly when it comes in contact with fingers. It is quite thick, buttery and smooth and literally glides on your skin when you try to blend it in. Surprisingly, it feels very lightweight as if you didn't put anything on and it blends really quickly. The scent is floral which makes sense because Mamonde's main concept is flowers. lol The scent isn't strong and dissipates after a few seconds once applied to the face so people who are quite sensitive to fragranced products shouldn't find this bothersome. As for the color, this is only available in two shades. I got 1 Light Beige and it's suits my skin tone perfectly. I'd say this particular shade will suit people who are around NC15-NC20. 
Applied and blended using air puff
As you can see, it sank into lines of my wrist badly so people who have fine lines should be a little cautious of using this. This actually looks very natural in person, it will be hard to notice you have make up on BUT it does tend to look cakey on the dry patches of your face especially when you try to layer it. I have slight dry patches on my right cheek and this product clings to it making it very visible. Also, my pores are large so I was curious if this product will sink into it just like what happened when I tried The Face Shop Cushion Screen Cell and fortunately, it didn’t. Hurray! LOL I literally looked at my pores tons of times just to verify. lol It also helped in making my pores slightly less visible too and the finish is powdery matte and it does give you a slight glow as well.


 I have seen a lot of reviews saying this provides a high/full coverage. Guys, why? ;_; You made me expect great things and now I'm disappointed. lol I don't really have that much to cover so it's fine but still, I expected a lot on the coverage part because a lot of bloggers praised this for that.
Coverage is definitely light to medium which is enough to even out your skin tone, cover redness, light discoloration and acne scars. You can't completely cover dark spots or your worst blemishes with this but you can use concealer for that. 
Overall, I think this is quite similar to the previous product I reviewed, The Face Shop Cushion Screen Cell, they just have different finish. lol Cushion Screen Cell gives dewy finish while this one is matte. I do think Mamonde Real Skin Founder is better though because the coverage is higher and this won’t sink to your pores unlike the Cushion Screen Cell. 
So to summarize it all, this is also very really convenient, just dab it lightly here and there and you’re all set, just like cushion products. Very travel friendly because it’s compact and it’s not as bulky as cushion compacts. I actually expected this to feel heavy on the skin, glad I was wrong. This surprisingly feels lightweight like you didn’t put anything on your face. People who prefers matte finish will love this and this also adheres to the skin really well. It’s a plus that it still looks very natural after a few layers! The main ingredients which is Edelweiss extract provides so many benefits too! Now onto the cons, first, it cling to the dry patches so this is not recommended to people who have dry skin unless you moisturize really well prior to using this. This will also sink to fine lines, see the photo above for proof. Oil control isn't impressive. As for the lasting power, it’s pretty decent, the founder lasted about 4-5 hours and mind you that it’s currently summer here. It’s so hot I expected this to melt right away. XD Which reminds me that this has SPF 33. It’s actually low for me because most products that Korean brands are releasing now has SPF50+! Anyways, SPF33 is still better than nothing. Next thing i want to try from Mamonde is their Rose Water Toner and Jelly pact. XD

Rating: 4/5

Pros:
Natural looking
Travel friendly
Lightweight
matte finish
didn’t break me out
coverage is buildable to medium
Cons:
only 2 shades available
clings to dry patches
unhygienic
puff is difficult to clean

 I would give this a perfect score if only it doesn’t accentuate the dry patches on my cheek and if it’s hygienic. 
I would recommend this if you have normal skin with minimal imperfections. This compact foundation isn’t recommended for people who have dry skin because it will emphasize the flaky parts on your face like crazy. 

You can get the Mamonde Real Skin Founder at Ibuybeauti.com for $27.99. They offer free shipping!
You can also see this review on Beautifan, Ibuybeauti's review blog which will be launched really soon. :)

Bangtan released a new song today called Miss Right. I hope Bighit will release a music video for it because I really love the song. It's so nice, go download it on Itunes now! CLICK THIS. LOL I'm not being biased, it's really really nice! Please believe me and download it! HAHA! I pre-ordered their album but the official release date is on the 16th so I'd probably receive it next week. I will make an unboxing post here when I receive it. Be prepared guys. Yes, I'm promoting Bangtan again. HAHA! And OMG I'm so excited for Infinite's Last Romeo, they're finally back. ;_; Watch their teaser HERE. They will release their album next week. :D

Anyways, this is my first compact foundation and I quite like it but it’s definitely not my HG product. Have you tried compact foundations before? Which one is your favorite? Can you recommend me some?  :) 

The product mentioned was sponsored by Ibuybeauti.  Opinions expressed are based on my own experience and 100% honest

You Might Also Like

12 comments

  1. I don't wear make up but I'm very impressed with your comprehensive review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a shame you were so disappointed. Thank you for reviewing it, as always, in depth, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for your honest review! Wanted to get this because of the coverage but now I won't. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seemed so promising until the part about it sinking into fine lines badly. I have so many lines around my mouth and eyes that this would probably be a bit of a nightmare for me. It's too bad this wasn't a total winner for you either, but great review nonetheless!

    I'm also excited for Infinite's comeback! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pitty it sinks into the lines :( Other then that: your review is great and detailled as usual! Thumbs up! I'll end up buying a cushion foundation if you continue reviewing them XD :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i like that this, even though it would be too light for me, is at least yellow toned. for some reason korean brands like makign things a little too pink and bright for my taste.
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  7. if it doesnt have a goos oil control then it's a no go for me :c

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thank you for the detailed review! As I'm not familiar with this brand, your review is very helpful :D

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, has a cute packaging but I´m not fan of cushion and two I have very oily skin so I need that helps with that. Thanks for your review!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I heard great things about this product and was tossing between this and another. Seeing this review is making is think twice! LOL

    And yesssssss! I heard Miss Right and I liked it a lot! But I like the remake of "I Like It" more, it's still one of my fave non-title Bangtan Boy tracks.

    THANK YOU FOR THE LAST ROMEO SHOUT OUT, I'm an Inspirit (and Starlight) and Last Romeo was met with mixed reviews. I'm glad you enjoyed it though!

    Listen to VIXX's Eternity as well! Tell me how you like it :-)

    Y-OONYEE | Click for Korean beauty tips, tricks and reviews. ♡♡♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mehehe. Koreans definitely know how to make up names for their products. :)) That's cool that the Founder is matte yet lightweight. Boo for clinging onto dry patches on the skin though.

    x Jae
    http://anestofquiet.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe