Etude House Play Color Eyes Review and Swatches

7:26 AM

Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play So Chic Play Review and Swatches
Last November Etude House released their Princess Etoinette 2 Winter collection along with these beautiful Play Color Eyes palettes. If you are an Etude House fan then I'm sure you have already seen the And Rose Flowering Eyes palette which was released last Fall. It was the first time Etude House released a 10 color eye shadow palette and it became a such huge hit to the point that you can't buy it anywhere anymore which totally sucks btw. Just like the And Rose Flowering Eyes, these Play Color Eyes palettes are also limited edition. It's kinda rare for Korean brands to release eyeshadow palettes with 10 shades in it and that is one of the many reasons why I wanted to get my hands on this before it gets phased out again. I'm not even good at eye make up but lately I've been searching for pretty eyeshadows. So, this isn't an Etude House product but this is another palette that I want to try, it's from Espoir, CLICK here to see. I first saw it on their Facebook fanpage and it was love at first sight. lol Their palette also has 10 shades and it's the same size as the Play Color Eyes palettes (Etude and Espoir are both under Amore Pacific) and most importantly it's already sold out, excuse me while I cry in a corner. ;__;
I will  start with the review before this intro get even longer. ^^;;
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play So Chic Play Review
1g x 10
This is a 10 color eye shadow palette that comes in various textures for different expression of the eyes for different occasions.
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play So Chic Play Review
Box - Front
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play So Chic Play Review
Back
The box of #1 So Hot Play is the light pink one and the hot pink box is #2 So Chic Play.
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play So Chic Play Review
You can see the manufacturing date at the back of the palette. These are good for 2 years.
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play Review and Swatches
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play Review and Swatches
Here's how the palette looks like when opened. The palette was smaller than what I expected but it's easier to hold so I'm not gonna complain about the size. Although it's small it's not that travel friendly because the "sparkle" (according to EH) shades are very delicate. 1/4 of Party Gold was almost out of the pan when I received it probably because of the shipping. Aside from being not travel friendly, the pans of some of the eye shadows were not properly attached to the base of the palette! Makes me wonder if Etude House ran out of glue when they made this. :P I am so glad I asked for more bubble wraps! Etude also included a mirror and two dual sided eye shadow tip/applicators.
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play Review and Swatches
When you open the palette you will see a thin plastic film covering the eye shadows. The name for each shade was written there. According to Etude, this palettes are consists of sparkle, matte and shimmer eye shadows.
Here's a closer look
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play Review and Swatches
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play Review and Swatches
Here are the swatches
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play Review and Swatches
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Hot Play Review and Swatches
Party Gold and Snow Queen are the "sparkle" shades in the palette. Basically, they are just shimmers with a hint of color in it. Great for the inner corners of the eyes and lower lash line to achieve a youthful look.
Burning Red, the most noticeable shade in the palette. It's a nice red slightly orange-y matte eye shadow. Very pigmented even without using a primer.
Temptation, another pretty matte shade. It's a burgundy brown-ish color in real life and also pigmented even without the primer. It looks nice with flash too, I was just a little surprised at how different it is with flash. *-*
Naked, just like what the name suggest. It's a nude matte eye shadow. You can't see it clearly but it's there. It blends quite well on my skin tone. Well, it is slightly noticeable in real life. You can tilt you screen a bit and you'll see it.. or maybe not. XDI think you can use this as a base, even out skin tone or maybe to highlight the brow bone. (eye make up noob in the house yo lol)
Ponytail, a gorgeous shimmery brown shade. It is also very pigmented but I do experience fall outs.
Modern City is a gray with blue and silver shimmers. LOL Actually, I can't remember how the swatch exactly looks like. I will swatch it again tomorrow and edit this post with the right description. It's night time so I won't be able to see the swatch clearly. /epic fail/
Chic Blue, when I first saw this shade it reminded me of blue jeans. It looks exactly like that except with shimmers. 
All night is another shimmery shade that will be perfect for smokey eye make up, imo. It a black shade with red and pink shimmers in it. The shimmers aren't very visible in the swatches but you will be able to see it clearly on the palette itself.
Military Khaki, a shimmery olive green shade with gold flecks.
This palette is perfect if you want to get that smokey eye and sophisticated look. Great to use if you are going to a girls night out or attending a special event. Maybe you can also use it daily, just tone down the colors.
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Chic Play Review and Swatches
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Chic Play Review and Swatches
 I got this palette in perfect condition. My problem on the other palette was Party Gold but I was able to put it back on the pan. YAY! *throws confetti*
I don't know what to say here, I pretty much said everything I had to say in the first one and I don't want to copy paste.. so, just scroll up? lol

Etude House Play Color Eyes So Chic Play Review and Swatches

Here's a closer look
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Chic Play Review and Swatches
Coco Brown - Clutch Brown - Pop Champagne - French Kiss - Misty Rose
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Chic Play Review and Swatches
Diva - Glam Forest - All Night - Sparkling Wine - Leopard Brown
Swatches
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Chic Play Review and Swatches
Etude House Play Color Eyes So Chic Play Review and Swatches
Coco brown, chocolate brown shade. Matte and pigmented. 
Clutch Brown, brown shade with tons of micro gold shimmers. Shimmery and pigmented.
Pop Champagne is a medium champagne with gold shimmers.
French Kiss is matte and very sheer. I had to swatch it a couple of times to make it look visible on cam. It is a light pastel pink shade.
Misty rose is true to its name, also quite sheer but not as sheer as French Kiss.
Diva is like a purple brownish shade with gold shimmers in it. The only sparkle shadow on the palette, pigmented.
Glam Forest, prettier when swatched than in the pan. Its a pretty frosty green with lots of shimmers. Very delicate though, you might want to be careful when using it.
Midnight star, grayish black with silver and blue shimmers. 
Sparkling Wine, another color that looks different when swatched.
Leopard Brown is a taupe brown shade. Dark grayish brown. Matte and pigmented.

Some of the shades in So Chic Play are more wearable than So Hot Play so if your after natural look then #2 is the palette for you imo. Both of these palettes are pretty though. However, you will experience eyeshadow fall outs with some shades. Aside from that, I can say that I am happy with these palettes. As an eye make up beginner (lol) I have so much colors to play around. I need more practice though so that I won't look like someone punched me in the eye when I try doing the smoky eye make up. lol Time to watch youtube tutorials. Haha

Get yours here:

Got mine from Beautynetkorea. The original retail price in Korea is $20.57 and the price in Beautynetkorea is $20.70. I think it's a great deal because they also offer free shipping. If you're going to get this I suggest you ask for the palettes to be wrapped with lots of bubble wraps so that it won't get damaged. The shimmery eyeshadows are very fragile. I think the shimmery eyeshadows will pretty much be ruined once you drop it. ^^;;;

For Etude House fans, are you going to buy the Color Lips-Fit?? I'm a little disappointed they didn't release a spring make up collection but I might pick up a few colors from their new product. I think it is similar to Stylenanda's lip lacquer and Nature Republic's Botanical Cushion Gradation tint. :D

Have you tried these palettes? Which do you think is prettier between the two? :)

That's it for the review! 
kbye
:)

You Might Also Like

40 comments

  1. What is with that 'Burning Red' shade? I'm afraid my vote will have to go to So Chic Play...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was kind of thinking the same thing. The red shadow is the only one that kind of strikes me as really bizarre. All of the other shades are super pretty, though!

      OhCindyRella Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

      Delete
  2. Oooh I think Number 2 is my fave!! I love all glittery shades. Great palettes and at a fab price too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still considering getting the #2 palette :D But that would be obvious fangirling as I am not thrilled by the colour scheme much, so I am not sure if it's worth it :D:D
    But I did ordered one colour of Lips-Fit - I am curious about the formula and I did really like the colour on promo pics (I think it was OR201, the light coral one)

    macabre-moon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried any of these palettes but I remember that I wanted to have the #2 so bad T__T I love the colors in both palettes but the 2nd just seems more wearble to me hehe. As always, I love your photography and your writing style ;__; Thank you for sharing this review, Marxie ^-^

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..the 2nd palette looks really nice! Especially the clutch brown <3

    Strings of Memories

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your review. Details. And the color also not bad I guess. Pigmented a lil bit. Maybe I'll try it someday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, great review and swatches! I like So Chic Play a bit more cause the shades are more wearable :) I was going to buy this but then I splurged on Naked3 so I decided not to lol. I wanted to try this though. Looks like a great bang for the bucks.

    I'm hosting a giveaway so come join if you'd like :D

    xx Stella
    www.blushing-daisies.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I often wonder if I can find a beauty blogger to trade cookery lessons with for makeup lessons.

    Beautiful colours far beyond my two safe shades of taupe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. its pretty hard to pick between the two actually. i think the first one would be good. that red looks pretty amazing!!
    Jenn
    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a eye makeup beginner too! ^^; All the colors are so pretty, but I don't really use eyeshadow so I didn't buy the palette. I'm also disappointed that they didn't release a spring collection but since it's still January I'm hoping there's something more coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome! I like your blog ❤
    I would be happy if we could follow each other??
    Let me know :)

    http://anngrigorieva.blogspot.ru/


    ReplyDelete
  12. I really love the sparkley palette. Perfect for a night out! xx gig

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow!! the pictures are really high quality, I can easily guess how they will really look ~~

    meishenmeweishenme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. The shades look amazing ! I din know etude house has such nice palette... #giglove

    www.smallnhot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, those palettes look amazing! I like them both, but especially the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Etude House has a wide range of gorgeous palettes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been waiting on a Hot Chic from my palette Diciemrbe early, I'll have to keep waiting. I'm glad I chose this because after reading your review in short the colors are much more for everyday~
    Thanks for your review. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! I stopped purchasing from EH since I am more into the high-end Korean and Japanese brands these days. Still, it is very fun to see colorful and youthful items from EH! GIG

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow i love the so hot chic colours..love all the shimmery tones!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. It looks very pigmented. And I am really surprised with the color because usually etude house eyeshadows are not that pigmented.


    GIG Love
    www.nellanelwan.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have the 'So Chic' palette and I love it! The colours are awesome :D
    I got mine when Etude got end year sales last year and the price was reaaallly cheap! So I thought it would be a waste if I don't purchase them while knowing that the palette is limited edition :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks like a wonderful set - I love the combination of colors with a touch of metallic shimmer. Gorgeous! <3 #GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  23. There are so many products and every week I learn about something new. Amazing.
    xxx
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  24. These palettes are beautiful! Really love the shimmery shades like brown clutch and pop champagne :)
    giglove!

    www.novelstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Seriously I love the way you review beauty products! So neat and detailed :) Would love to get this eye palette, the colours are so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. so many lovely colours... I was trying to pick my favorite but too many to choose from

    ReplyDelete
  27. those are so pigmented and beautiful! i want them

    ReplyDelete
  28. my choice would be so chic play for sure! its natural and wearable =D

    ReplyDelete
  29. oh wow, they are so pigmented! I would really love any of these palettes! :D except I don't know if I could wear the red...lol. giglove

    ReplyDelete
  30. Such a beautiful array of colors! I love looking at eyeshadow palettes! :D I think I like #1 more as I am not much into very glittery shadows :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome review!
    I couldn't get my hands on the And Rose palette and they already have two new ones! I really wanted to get at least one of these, The Chic play is my favourite.

    http://momodicted.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm not very sure if I would really wear them, but I still love all of them and I'd buy them anyway hehe.. great review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  33. So many colors! OMG! Love your review but dont know this brand :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  34. I haven't tried any of these palettes but the colours featured in both look so pretty! Personally, I like the Snow Queen colour in the #1 So Hot Play palette. As you said, it looks like it'll be a good highlighter for the inner corners of the eyes which is perfect for me cause I do that all the time lol :P Misty rose in the #2 So Chic Play palette also looks like a lovely colour. Overall, both the palettes looks great and I feel like wanting to buy them now!

    Great review btw and looking forward to your next post! <3

    http://snowqueensecrets.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  35. I'm loving the So Chic Play! I might buy it! Thank you for the review ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for the wonderful and clear swatches!
    I just bought the #2 So Chic Play palette :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe