2013 Beauty Favorites

7:26 AM

Hi everyone! This blog post is a little late. I was supposed to post this last week but I was quite busy fixing stuffs, I will announce what it is about on February and I'm hoping that all of you will participate if you are interested. :D
Today post is about the products that I loved last year. All of this are the beauty products that I use frequently and yes, almost all of them are Korean. lol /forever addicted to Korean stuffs/ I haven't reviewed some of these but I have already written reviews about the other products so I will be linking you guys to the review just in case you want to see it. XD
These are my favorite face products. I usually don't use much make up, powder is enough for me but lately I feel like I can't go out without using any of these two. lol 
I just love how the Banila Co cc cream turns my dull skin into a healthy glowing skin. Laneige CC Cream also does the same thing but for me Banila Co is sooo much better. What I don't like about this though is that my face looks dewy after using this but anyway that is something a powder can easily fix. lol I also like the sheer coverage because I'm always after the "natural" look or the no make up make up look. lol I have tried numerous cc creams last year but this one is definitely my favorite. This cc cream has also received some awards.
Whenever I feel like I need some coverage I just grab my IOPE Air Cushion XP in N21. I have tried 3 cushion foundations so far, the other 2 are also from brands under Amore Pacific, Hera and Etude House. I just want to say that I kinda dislike foundations because I feel like they cover too much. lol Also there are times that they look cakey. This cushion foundation has 3 types, Natural, Cover and Shimmer. I chose the lightest one in Natural which is N21. Like I said earlier, I love the natural look so this one is perfect for me. It gives you coverage (you can actually build the coverage from sheer to medium) without making it obvious that you are wearing foundation. I'm not sure if it's just me but find that Iope Air Cushion doesn't have as much product as Hera and Etude. Although they all have the same amount I think Hera has the most amount of product and the last one is Iope. This Air Cushion is also the most sold cushion foundation in Korea.
I don't have a favorite bb cream. I used to love the Skin 79 Diamond Prestige and Too Cool For School After Lunch Watery bb cream but both of these has been replace by the two above. 
This post isn't suppose to be long but I just can't stop talking/typing. lol
The hardest part for me in doing this post is choosing a favorite lip product. OTL I love my lip products lol but I somehow managed to end up with only four of them.Congratulate me! lol
Ameli Platlips in Vampire, I just love how bloody red this shade is. Perfect Vampire color in my opinion. If you do gradient lips with this you will look like you just sucked blood. I love this!
Clio Virgin Kiss Lipnicure in Tension Red. The thing about this is that the lasting power is superb although it can be drying sometimes. 
Etude House Rosy Tint Lips in After Blossom, this is a beautiful burgundy shade. It can be a bit drying at times but because I love the shade too much i find myself reaching out for this often. It can be very difficult to get the product sometimes though because it is hard to squeeze the tube and I also don't use the sponge applicator because I find it unhygienic. XD
Innisfree Glossy Lip Lacquer, I hate lipgloss. I just had to say that. Haha! I hate how it feels on my lips but this product is totally an exception. It's not sticky and it's pigmented enough to be worn alone. However, the shine doesn't last for a long time and the color wears off after about 2-3 hours. I will love this even more if it can the wear time is much longer.
Blushers! Okay, two of these are not really blushers but are actually eyeshadows that i use as blushers. lol
Etude House Cupcake All Over Color PK002, this product can be used as a blusher, eye shadow and lipstick but this works best as a cream blusher for me. The scent is also lovely but you don't have to worry if you are sensitive with scents because it disappears quickly.
Ameli Eyeshadow Salmon Pink, Ameli actually has a lot of good quality eyeshadows but they are too expensive. If I become an expert with eye make up (is this even possible? lol) I would totally invest in Ameli eyeshadows. They have a wide selection of eyeshadows. *-* It is very pigmented to the point that you wouldn't need an eye primer. Because I don't really use eyeshadow I just use this as a blusher atm. I love the salmon pink color. *-*
Etude House XOXO Minnie Cafe PK006, so, because of my non existent eye make up skills, this eyeshadow also ended up being used as a blusher. lol This is also pigmented, you wouldn't need a lot for it to show up. I use this a lot because it looks natural. :)
Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner, this is actually a Japanese product.  I don't really use eyeliner that much because I'm still a newbie with eye make up but I find this one easier to use. This has been on my wish list since 5ever because I've read so many good things about it and luckily, my sister bought it for me when she went overseas last year. It is definitely a good eyeliner, I use this in practicing (newbie lol) and I also use this in coverage tests, it doesn't smudge unlike other eyeliners that I have tried. It dries easily and the color is really deep black. Aside from this liquid eyeliner I also like Dolly Wink falsies.
Etude House Color Pop Drawing Show Creamy Pencil PK104, such a long product name! I think the Color Pop eyeliners are well loved by many. I reviewed the set before and this particular shade is my favorite. I used to hate glittery eyeliners because it's a pain to remove. I actually have a love and hate relationship with this. lol I hate how difficult it is to remove the glitters but I love the effect it gives. XD I usually use this on the inner corner of my eyes.
Aside from eye make up, I also suck at nail art. OTL Tbh, nail polishes aren't my thing. I just don't like painting my nails and I like my nails short. I'm a girl but sometimes I wonder how other girls continue with their daily lives with their super long nails. lol I tried growing my nails long a lot of times already but it's just so hard for me, sometimes I would even accidentally hurt myself. I must admit that I envy those who can do nail art. lol So, I actually got 4 nail polishes from the XOXO Minnie collection and this shade is my favorite. It doesn't last for a long time but it compliments my skin tone. XD Red and pink stuffs are my favorite last 2013. *-*
Down to the last 2 products.
Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask, this is the "super" version of their Jeju Volcanic Clay Mask. I haven't tried the original one but I must say that I love this Super version of it. It does help in minimizing the appearance of pores and I love how cooling and soothing it is. This helps in getting rid of pimples too. This has helped me a lot when I had a break out and my skin became less oilier too. I'm gonna get the 200ml tube type of this once I finished this one.
Mizon All In One Snail Repair Cream, this also helped my skin. It stopped the break out on my chin and now there's only a bit of scars left. I love this to the point that I already repurchased another jar even if I still have lot left to use. I wish it comes with a spatula though. :/ I also purchased the ampoule and I'm hoping it will give good effects to my skin too. I reviewed this recently.
I have another favorite product but I forgot to take a photo. XD
Bifesta Bright Up Cleansing Lotion, this is a great make up remover. If you're like me who doesn't like oil make up removers, I would definitely recommend this. It's a Japanese product and it does its job in removing make up well. :D

So those are my favorite products last year. I recommend that you try them too and tell me if you also like them. :D If you don't know where to get these products I will provide a list of online shops that ship worldwide so you can also get to try these:
 
The spring collection of Etude House will be released soon. Are you guys excited? *-* 
 
Have you tried any of the products I listed above?

You Might Also Like

43 comments

  1. I think I need that Banila Co CC! I know you have gone through many CC creams, and it should be good if it is your favourite~

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Mizon Snail cream really interested me since a long time!
    your post is great! The Banila CC Cream look nice too, need to make a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the IOPE cushion! I have the Hera one and really don't like it because it looks cakey on me T.T Also, all the lip products mentioned here look interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try most of those products. Especially the Iope cushion and the Mizon snail cream.

    http://www.ai-no-storia.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to try a cushion pact compact. The IOPE looks really interesting but I also want to try the Etude House and Lioele one too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely list! I also like the Etude House blush and Dolly Wink eyeliner, even if the latter doesn't really last all day for me and I have to re-touch in the middle of the afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been waiting for this post ever since you mentioned it in a previous one. Lol I also have non-existent eye makeup skills and I like my nails short as well. One of my friends has really long nails and they look extremely uncomfortable and inconvenient.

    I really want to try the Ameli Platlips and IOPE Air Cushion but both of those products are so expensive > < I think the Etude House Rosy Tint is also one of my favorite lip products. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. i had always love Etude House and Dollywink, both had nice outerlook (i'm quite particular in that) and their result is quite satisfying! i'm glad you post this up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing! I haven't tried any of these products, but they sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. the banila cc cream didnt work at all on my skin

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a lovely compilation. I so want to try some out the products you have listed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really want to try the Minnie Mouse Etude House polishes! Do you know if they sell them in Thailand?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried none of these products, but I can say that cream blushers were my products of the 2013 - who knows about 2014....:)
    xx
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really love the ETUDE XoXo Minnie collection!! I adore Minnie Mouse sooo much and I think the range is just fabulous. No wonder you have some on your faves! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. We have such similar tastes in products! That Innisfree lacquer is SO pretty. I have 5 of the colors because I can't believe how true to swatch they are. I lovelovelove it. Since most our tastes are the same I wonder I'm thinking that dolly wink liner is in order for use. =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think I've tried any of these! Going to see if I can pick a few up now :D

    Great post!

    Louise x

    Confessions of a Secret Shopper

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your blog. I am your new follower here.

    Check my blog if you mind

    www.nellanelwan.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so in love with the minnie mouse nail polish ! so cuteeeee... #giglove

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thats a really nice collection. My favourite is definitely the vampire red lipstick! xx giglove

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate lip gloss too! The lip products you chose are sooo pretty *__* and it's a great idea using the eyeshadows as blushes XD

    http://19th-tealeaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's never too late for a favorites post! It's not like these products all of a sudden become throw outs after a couple of weeks, so yeah. Thanks for sharing, you picked great things!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I enjoy reading this kind of post. I have read 2 before this. It gives me an idea on what to try or buy next. I plan to visit Etude House. Gig ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  23. i was deciding between banila co, TFS and nature republic cc creams and in the end i decided to strike out banila co!
    hmm, i guess i should give it a try now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. This is a nice collection you have there! I like the cupcake it is so cute giglove

    ReplyDelete
  25. i totally agree with you on the dolly wink eyeliner! i am in love with it

    ReplyDelete
  26. So many great products! I would love to try IOPE Air Cushion XP.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great round-up of fun products, I couldn't possibly love that Minnie Mouse nail polish more, so freaking cute!! #GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great list, the mini mouse nail polish looks really good and cute! <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hey Marxie! Your comments on my blog I can't reply to because of some google setting you have enabled or disabled. =( For instance, everyone else on my blog there is a "reply" link, but all of your comments I cannot reply to. I've had maybe one or two other girls who have the same problem. I tried googling the problem but I'm not sure what setting it is, so I think it's something to do with blogger or google plus.

    I will try to think what my favorite products of 2013 are and put a post together :) i think we will have a few similar ones hahaha.

    Oh! I also posted a video from the Infinite concert I went to in November if you check out my post about San Francisco <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. Long list here, dear but pretty worth it! I would love to try many of the products here gig

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow i love this post!!! i feel like trying banilla & co CC cream and the innis free clay mask!! they look so awesome...even i dun like CC cream but wud luv to try this after reading your review!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a fun end of year wrap up post! These look like some excellent choices :) GIGlove

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really like the nail polish...it looks so cute. :) gig

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've never heard of snail cream, sounds very interesting. That Innesfree Volcano mask is calling my name! gig

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your list! I'm into korean brands as well :) I love Etude House and I want to try Innisfree ones :D gig

    ReplyDelete
  36. I didn't try any of them but snail cream would be the one for me to try and get in the fist instance

    ReplyDelete
  37. Great choices! Korean makeup and skincare products have the cutest packaging! Quality-wise, they're awesome too. My fave brands are The Face Shop and Etude House. GIGlove

    ReplyDelete
  38. Banila CC cream looks nice I shall try it out soon hehe! And I wanna get the Etude House minnie mouse collections omg so cute

    ReplyDelete
  39. that snail cream looks interesting! I've been pondering using those creams actually!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi, I love your blog! I am your new follower on GFC, Facebook and Bloglovin, I appreciate if you follow back:)

    My international GIVEAWAY: http://www.beautybellenotes.com/2014/01/blog-anniversary-giveaway.html

    xoxo,
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  41. I really LOVE using CC creams myself. they're no-brainers!

    ReplyDelete
  42. Aww your list is soo cute. Love all of them, especially the Etude House ones. I love reading posts like these. They are so fun! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe