Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer Review

2:46 AM

Hi, advance merry Christmas to all of you! :)
I'm back with another Etude House product "mini" review, the Proof 10 Eye Primer. If I'm not mistaken, this product has been around since 2010 and has been getting good feedback from almost everyone that has tried it since then. Other people also claimed that this eye primer is a dupe of Urban Decay's Primer Potion. I haven't tried UD's primer yet so I can't do a comparison review. I wanted to get the Naked 3 but it's so overpriced on ebay. =_=
Anyway, if you've been reading my posts then you'd probably know by now that my make up skills are not legendary but basically just non-existent. lol But of course I want to learn especially eye make up! I have a few eyeshadows but most of them are too sheer which is why I wanted to give this primer a try. 
Etude House Proof 10 Eye Primer
10 ml
Long lasting effect: It prevent from removing and creasing eyeshadow and eyeliner.
  Better adhesion: It makes silky and sleek eyelids for better adhesion.
  Smooth texture: It makes perfect eyes without sticking.
-taken from jolse-
The manufacturing date can be seen at the bottom of the box.
Proof 10 Eye Primer supplies coverage to eyelids and around the eyes to enhance eyeshadow color and integrity for a longer lasting perfect 10 look.
There's nothing special in the packaging. I find handle quite long and the bottle is made of plastic which is actually good because you won't have to worry about it breaking when you accidentally drop it.
The packaging is similar to EH Tear Eye Liner and Oh M'Eye line.
It has a doe foot applicator. 
The primer is unscented and looks slightly thick but not sticky. It has a smooth consistency, blends quickly, and dries fast. According to the product description this is supposed to give coverage but it doesn't really have coverage, it becomes clear once you blend it and slightly brightens the skin tone.
Swatches with and without primer
As you can see in the swatches above, the eyeshadow swatches with the Proof 10 Eye Primer is much more vibrant than without it. It definitely enhanced the intensity of the eyeshadows. I had to apply the XOXO Minnie eyeshadow 4 times to make it show in the photo and it only took 2 swipes to make it show with primer. The longevity is great, I rubbed it too and as expected those eyeshadow applied with primer is still much more visible. I couldn't find the photo I took when I rubbed it but I'll take a new photo and will definitely update this post. This product claims to make your eye make up stay for 24 hours, I haven't tested that and I don't know if anyone will ever test this 24 hour claim because who wears make up that long? XD It tends to be cakey/patchy when you apply too much so make sure you only apply a proper amount of the primer, trust me, you won't need much. Another downside is the packaging, yes, it's nice but you won't be able to use everything because of the shape of the bottle unless you cut the bottle open. I haven't tried cutting it because I still have a lot. It's also hard to see how much product is left because the product are like stuck in the inner walls of the bottle. I wish it came in a squeeze tube type, that way you can use every bit of the primer. :P 
If you're looking for an eye primer, I would definitely recommend this, I think it works well for it's price. :)

Get yours here:

The product mentioned was sponsored by Jolse.  Opinions expressed are based on my own experience and 100% honest

Thanks to Jieun unnie for sending me this.
Christmas is coming and I still don't have a gift for myself. (yes myself lol) Idk if I should get a dslr  ---- omg I accidentally pressed backspace and I thought all I wrote here were already gone. I almost died. lol I don't remember what I wrote because I don't proof read. I always click publish right after I finish typing. lol So yeah.. you'll probably see another etude house product in my next post. lol kbye!
Oh, do you guys watch 별에서 온 그대/Lover from another star/Man from another star/blah blah blah another star. It has so many english titles idk what to call it anymore, anyway, I kinda like the story. Can't wait for ep 3! 
I want the Infinite Idea 1st Photobook. My gorgeous oppars ;_____;
kbye! 
ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ  

You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. hello! what camera and photo editor do you use?? your photos look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard a lot of good stuff about this primer too and I was actually planning to get this for myself as present on christmas (yes, you're not the only one buying yourself presents ;__; lol ). Anyways, your review is awesome (especially the photos, please be my senpai xD) and thanks for posting it, Marxie~ ehehe

    Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, very thorough. I'd love to try some of these items but never know how to get hold of them.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Helen X

    www.allthebeautifulthings.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried both , urban decay eye primer and this but it doesn't work the same. whilst this is pastier and hard to blend..at least for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This eye primer is my friends favourite :)

    Love, Leonita
    http://blackblueblizzard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I never knew they had eye primer! I like the price and Im definitely going to pick one up now. Do you know if that website will ship to Canada?
    xox, GIG
    A Lovely Allure

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I don't use eye primer a lot but this one looks pretty good. Thanks for the review.
    xx giglove

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got mine too ! This is my first primer actually. Loving it until now. I got another primer as well. But this is always become my number 1 primer ♡♡
    Giglove

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol, I found that I'm enjoying your rant at the end of the post even more than the review! XP Well I enjoy the review too, that's pretty helpful but since I'm have about zero knowledge about eye make up... that can wait for later, kkk~ anyway, your shots are so incredibly good! How did you do that? You said you want a dslr? I thought you already owned one looking at the pics! ;A;

    apparently, other than my zero knowledge about eye make up I also have zero photographic skill TT^TT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have this eye primer too, but I'm not overly fond of it...

    PS: You need to do a post about your photography set up because your pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never knew they have eye primers! Great review with good inputs ;) love the pictures as well

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love primers! Don't laugh, but i wear my favorite Chanel eye primer as eyeshadow, it's the most gorgeous color!!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe