Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review

4:28 AM


Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
It's been almost a month since Etude House released their XOXO Minnie line which is only limited to Korea. Makes me wonder when they will officially release their holiday collection or if they're even planning to release one. I really hope they will though! I remember being really excited when they released the Princess Etoinette collection last November 2012. :D 
Anyway, as the title says, I'm back with a lip product review (you guys probably already know how much I love lip products) from their recent collection the XOXO Minnie.
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
There are only two shades, 01 Minnie Red and 02 Bubble Pink
These are how both of the boxes look like. Front and back of the box that are written in Hangul. As you can see, the color of the boxes differs from each other to represent their respective shades, 01 is in Red whilst 02 is in pink. To be honest, I'm not really a fan of Minnie so I don't find this very appealing. /slapped/
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
POLKADOTS!!!!! All caps because I kinda love polkadots. :P Side of the box. Usually lipsticks expires after a year, I noticed this one expires after 18 months.
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips

3.5g
This creamy lipstick provides a hydrating color with a soft shine.
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
 Top and bottom of the box. Yep, EH wants to remind us all the time the name of the shade because it's apparently written all over the box, front, back, side, top and bottom. lol The bar code is so cute!
And again, you can see the shade on the bottom. 
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
Although the case is purely back, it's not really hard to differentiate which shade is which because of the caps, well unless you accidentally switch it. XD The Minnie Red has Minnie's face on it while Bubble Pink has POLKADOTS (i had to all caps okay) on it. There's nothing special on the packaging and I find the one with Minnie's face quite childish looking. /get's thrown in a cliff/
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
photo taken indoors with natural lighting. 
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
outdoors
Etude House XOXO Minnie Kissing Lips Review
My new camera sucks in capturing colors (reason why i don't have photos of the swatches on my lips) but the one with flash is similar to the real shade. 
Minnie red is indeed red with a slight hint of orange while Bubble pink is like pink with a touch of coral. These lipsticks are creamy and glides on smoothly on the lips. Even if this is hydrating, I still strongly recommend that you exfoliate if you have dry lips just so you can avoid accentuating the chapped parts of your lips. Minnie Red stays on for about 3-4 hours, just like most average lipsticks, and this leaves a slight stain after it fades. Meanwhile, Bubble Pink doesn't really lasts that long probably because this shade isn't as bold as the other one. Both are moisturizing and lightweight. These has a faint scent that is quite similar to the Sweet Recipe Cupcake All Over Color. I could be wrong though. lol Both shades are nice imo, since I always go for red and pink when it comes to lip products. I think both are suitable for daytime and night time, it's all up to how many layers you apply. 
My Bubble Pink melted and broke. :/

Pros:
Affordable
Nice color payoff
Quite moisturizing
Buildable color
Glides smoothly on lips
Comfortable to wear and leaves a slight stain on the lips
Cons:
Only 2 shades available
may accentuate dry parts of the lips 
Average wear time

Get yours here:
 
Like what I said earlier, this collection is only available in Korea. I got these at f2plus1/beautynetkorea. I totally recommend this store because they are the fastest in updating new products in almost every brands. They'll have it on their website and ready to ship to you the same day it's released in Korea. Their prices are also close with the original store retail prices in Korea and they offer free shipping. Isn't it amazing? I believe a lot of bloggers love f2plus1(ebay) too. ^^

Do you own anything from the XOXO Minnie line?
or do you want Etude House to have another collaboration with Disney? I'm thinking maybe they should try Etude House Disney Princesses sort of thing. XD I want Etude to release a holiday collection with a very unique concept that will make us astonished and be like "OKAY ETUDE HERE TAKE ALL MY MONEY." XD loljk i don't want it. i need to save more money so I can buy a new camera. lol i miss my old cam. ;_______________;

New episode of The Heirs later! FINALLY. I hate watching ongoing dramas because I hate waiting for so many days just to watch a new episode. orz
kbye! See you in my next post. :))

You Might Also Like

51 comments

  1. Wow! I wanted these on the packaging alone. What fab products, I will have to look out for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it both shades, the package is absolutely beautiful and cute I want one of that so lovely and cute lipsticks, the only is than looks like a toy~ But has a nice pigmentation!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my I need both of these in my live, how amazingly cute x

    Beautyqueenuk xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. 01 Minnie Red needs to be listed in my To Buy List! Can you show how they look like on your lips?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make make me can't wait my pink one >.< Nice review :) Thank you~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish they had more shades, but I find the ones they do have really nice! Pinks and reds are my favorite for lipsticks anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review! The red one really captures my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful colors,,, yeah agree that etude is trying to torture our wallet. Really wanna know the blusher
    http://jessicaliani.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. the pink one with polkadot on the cap is hands down the cutest one omg!! i thought both would have cool tones according to the web pics ._. thanks for the review ;))))

    http://qorea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. both the shades are equally adorable now am craving for these shades :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. The packaging is soo cute! I'm too not a fan of Minnie but I kinda have a soft spot for polka dots haha. Nice review!

    blushindaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been working on the review for the red lipstick today XD I love the shade. I think it is a very wearable red. A pitty your pink lippie broke :(((

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my these are so so cute!! Would make lovely gifts :)

    Meimei xx

    www.meimeisays.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute packaging! They would definitely make for a fun gift! GIG

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealous these look absolutely amazing! I need to find out where I can get hold of some of these Etude products in the UK. #GIG

    www.themakeupkit.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty!! I love Minnie Mouse! #giglove

    ReplyDelete
  17. hated EH lippies makes my lips soooo dry but they make the cutest packaging!


    http://alyssajlee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. this looks so cute! and i'm watching heirs too c: are you watching reply 1994? it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. aw, you make me want the pink one :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's totally cute :3 follow me on GFC zombiebeautyclass.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  21. i really like the pink colour, as for the red one i haven't tried it yet :D

    ReplyDelete
  22. i really love the red lipstick mygosh it looks so bold! http://azwaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Pink! Omg this review haha I just added this lipstick on my f2plus1 cart well yesterday but keep hesitating cause I've been buying so many makeup this past week alone! Sigh....... Haha why no lip swatch I wanna see your voluptuous lips again haha xD yes I will get the pink one cause I promised you pink lips? Haha my last one failed miserably lol. Thank you for the review <3

    ReplyDelete
  24. what shall I say?!? the packaging first is amazing and so funny to see and carry on in my bag everyday. But the colors are amazing too. I love the light pink is so soft and it seems so hydrating. Definitely love both. I wish I could try.
    xxx
    mari

    ReplyDelete
  25. I bougt some polishes and nail art flakes and the blush (also from the seller you named) but I'm still waiting for it to arrive. Sooo impatient right now >///< I didn't bought the lippies because I have so many already but reading all the reviews I think I will get those too haha

    ReplyDelete
  26. super cute collection! i wish we could also have this in our country!

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG OMG OMG! I want these!!!! I love Minnie...they are all so pretty :)
    giglove!

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    Don't forget to check my & other stories giveaway ^^

    ReplyDelete
  28. omg the packaging is so cute *u* I love the pink one the best out of these two :3 I love beautynetkorea a lot too, they're shipping is sooo fast and the prices are so cheap too hehe :> Anyways, thanks for this review, Marxie~!^^

    ReplyDelete
  29. How beautiful and much pigmented these beauties are <3 And I always adore Etude products cus of their uber cute packaging and concept <3

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh. M. Geee. I LOVE that packaging. So ridiculously cute, I love the colors, so flattering and versatile. <3 GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  31. Etude house has very nice packaging, but I always find their products are made for fair skin.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh so cute! Haven't visited EH for a while. Those minnie mouse are pretty, especially the bubbly pink shade - giglove

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi. Do this shop provide shipping to Malaysia? Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oooo, this is so unfair that you get something so awesome and we have none!
    Lovely packaging.
    GigLove

    ReplyDelete
  35. omg i saw this collection online and i cant wait to have the pink lipstick! so cute and pretty! nostalgic too! - Kumiko Mae, Filipina Beauty Blogger, LovingSunshine Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  36. Aww they are so cuteeeee! But I'm not a fan of Minnie mouse, srsly. Anyways I think that colors are great! Plus it looks creamy to me, I love creamy lipstick! :D

    Deann
    GiG

    ReplyDelete
  37. I love the bubble Pink.. and the packaging soo perfect.. who doesn't love Minnie and he adorable ways to Charm :)

    xx Chaicy - Style..A Pastiche!
    GIGLove

    ReplyDelete
  38. Wow they are amazing, I want this lipstic. I like this colours. :)
    http://oliwia-zofia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. OMG that's so cute!!! How i wish i can buy the whole collection T_T

    gig x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both shades are great, I am thinking they´d be perfect for everyday wear.

    http://kjandersen.org/

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just adore Etude House packaging! I could just hoard them just for the packaging! wouldn't have cared about the product itself but I knw etude house products are great! These colors are also very pretty!! Where is my Etude House Santa??!!!!!!
    <3 giglove

    ReplyDelete
  42. the packaging is so so cute!
    gig

    ReplyDelete
  43. I think another dupe for this product is the Revlon Lip Butter which is cheaper where I come from. There are many colours to choose from, and they're really creamy as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  44. talk about cute packaging!! :D i love it!! would be a great present for my mother, she loves minnie gig love

    ReplyDelete
  45. theyre so pretty! if my daughter sees them she will ask for them I haven't seen them in Miami yet, I must look for something similar for xmas!
    xo,
    Dee Trillo
    http://HauteFrugalista.com

    ReplyDelete
  46. I want those Minnie Mouse packaging and of course the pink shade. ^_^ giglove

    ReplyDelete
  47. Those lippies are super cute! I have to buy them! :) Too bad that there are only two shades available.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow those colors are so pretty! I'm head over heels in love the the vintage minnie packaging. GIG

    ReplyDelete
  49. I just came across your blog and I love it :)
    Great review! The minnie lipsticks are so pretty!
    Just want to collect the whole collection hihi ^^
    You've got a new follower over here ;)

    Etude House Minnie Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  50. Etude House products have cute packaging! :)
    xo,
    ~Pauline @Kallony

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe